Thursday 23 October 2014

Billie Holiday - Billie Holiday




01 - My man
02 - Lover man
03 - I cover the waterfront
04 - Don't explain
05 - Them there eyes

06 - They can't take that away from me
07 - Swing brother swing
08 - Do nothing till you hear from me
09 - Lover come back to me
10 - Same old story


Billie Holiday is the most exquisite jazz vocalist of all time. Her voice was like no other, and her phrasing almost always perfect. But even when she was not perfect and her voice a bit ragged, she still had a connection with every song she sang and every song sounded like it was written for her - she could sing anything and interpret every song to fit her own unique style. This is a great album because it compiles the music from some of Billie's best years. Her voice is top notch on this LP and the band is truly solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment